Thursday, February 14, 2013

Party on Wayne

Song:

‘Thrift Shop’ chosen because it makes my kids and me dance and want to party.  Try not to dance to it.  I dare you.  “They had a broken keyboard?  I bought a broken keyboard.”

CLEAN VERSION (but doesn’t show the video, which is hilar.)

NOT CLEAN VERSION with the hilarious video.  Skip to :40 and it’s clean enough.

Scripture:  Not going to link a scripture with a song that has a few questionable lyrics, so you get a quote instead.

“We do not remember days; we remember moments.”  ~Cesare Pavese

Picturessssss:

041

Twilight’s 6th Birthday Party last Friday. A zillion kids and me partying it up.

047

Story:

I’m throwing a party this weekend and it is stressing me out.  It’s a Zombie Apocalypse party for the couples in my ward who I see all the time with kid stuff.  Funny how your friends become the people who have kids your kid’s ages.  I’ve thrown big old parties once a year for the last few years and have some amazing memories.  For my 30th birthday I did a Minute To Win It party, a few years before that I did an Amazing Race.  My friends are really competitive and it makes for an interesting event. 

The Zombie Apocalypse was inspired by an Emergency Preparedness FHE that my little sister Camille put on at BYU.  I made some adjustments.  But I’m not going to tell you all about it until after it goes off.

014 

Makin’ Zombie costumes.

It’s weird to throw a couples party without being a couple, but I don’t really care.  Whatever.  But it does leave ALL of the planning and preparations up to me!  It’s a lot of errands and planning, but I LOVE doing it because parties are FUN.

I always wonder why people don’t throw more parties.  I come from an epic party family.  We do blow outs.  Just a few I remember include a Superhero Party for Camille’s birthday, the 1999 End of the Century New Year’s Eve party, Nate’s Death party (oh, wait, that was a funeral but everybody was there so it kinda felt like a party), Phil and Aub’s wedding, Camille’s line dancing wedding, Paige’s 30th birthday 80’s party (highlight being Ellie dressed as business casual) Jim’s 1960’s 60th birthday party. 

Yeah, it takes planning and doing.  But the memories make it all worth it.

Party on, Wayne.

image

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to pretend that you are going to move to Utah and invite me to fun parties. Nobody I know throws parties and I've thrown very few.

    ReplyDelete